POSITION VACANT – Assistant Radio Station Coordinator (Casual)
The Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council is currently seeking suitable applicants for the position of Casual Radio Station Coordinator. You will be accountable to the Radio Station Coordinator and duties will include the following:
- Assist with day to day Administration and Management of Radio Station
- Assist Station Coordinator with meetings, directing workflow, Staff development and training
- Generate requisitions for the procurement of goods and services for the Radio Station as requested
- Participate in Technical Working Group Meetings relating broadcast programs and procedure
- Assist in provision of reporting as required
- Record, edit and produce local news, weather, community notices and messages;
- Program making including appropriate research;
- Prepare and deliver content for social media and the web;
- Attending, assist with and Report on community events;
- Answer phones;
- Collate and prepare audio for station music;
- Assist with production duties as directed;
- Ensure compliance with all Council policies including the Code of Conduct and behaviour at all times that supports the Council’s values;
- Undertake all duties in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensuring adherence to WH&S requirements at all times. Under the WHS act you have a “Duty of Care” to yourself and others in the workplace;
- Other duties that may be requested by the Radio Station Coordinator from time to time.
Successful applicants will ideally have open availability, be problem solvers, passionate about community involvement, keen and motivated to embark on further training to advance their career in media, public speaking, and communications to help bring positive outcomes for Cherbourg.
Have a demonstrated work ethic along with numeracy, literacy and computer skills. Experience in a similar position or other form of journalism or sound production is highly desirable, as is previous exposure to broadcasting equipment and software used in the daily operation of professional broadcaster.
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council is an EEO employer. Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions or wish to apply, feel free to contact:
- Mark Celledoni (Human Resources Advisor) at the Council Chambers on 07 4168 1866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Monk (Radio Station coordinator) at the Radio Station on email@example.com
Applicants should include a cover letter, resume and proof of qualifications when applying for the posted position. Internal applications close the 28th of November, 2020 at 5pm.
Council ensures that applicants receive fair, consistent and equitable treatment in all aspects of human resource management through discrimination free and equal employment opportunities.