Housing Inspections Officer at Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council
Cherbourg is located in the South Burnett Region of Queensland about 3 hours drive north west of
Brisbane and 1 hour west of Gympie. The township is 7 km from Murgon. Cherbourg has a hospital,
medical centre, community health service, aged persons hostel, primary school prep to year 6, TAFE
College and a sporting complex incorporating an indoor basketball/netball court and gym.
Facilities in the region and within a 30 minute drive from Cherbourg include supermarkets and
shopping facilities, most major banks, golf courses, swimming pools, fishing, boating, wineries and
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council is seeking a full time Housing Inspections Officer to work
closely with the Senior Housing Officer to coordinate the tenancy management of Council operated
housing ensuring that tenants and Council meet their obligations under the Residential Tenancies
Act for social housing in Cherbourg.
Key responsibilities include:
• Conduct regular house inspections.
• Liaise with tenants about the condition of their house and/or yard.
• Prepare tenancy agreements.
• Conduct exit inspections and detailed reports on vacant houses.
• Conduct entry inspection and reports for tenants
• Conduct inspection reports on new houses.
• Work closely with and undertake instructions from the Senior Housing Officer.
• Other duties as directed by Senior Housing Officer and Corporate Services Manager.
• Previous experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and
communities would be an advantage.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including experience in the
provision of reports in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to be able to communicate with individuals and families at all levels to
achieve satisfactory results.
• An understanding of social housing needs and issues within the Cherbourg community.
• A current manual driver’s licence is mandatory.
What We Offer:
• A competitive hourly rate;
• Generous salary sacrifice packaging options;
• Professional development opportunities;
• Work/life balance;
Application Closing Date: 26 Nov 2021 Your application should be comprised of:
• A statement (not more than 2 pages) that summarises your skills, experience and
achievements against the key responsibilities within the context of the role you are applying for;
• A current resume containing details of 2 referees. At least one referee should have
a thorough knowledge of your work over the past two years as your manager or supervisor.
Email to email@example.com