Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland
for HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Western Downs and South Burnett Council Areas.
Issued at 2:47 pm Tuesday, 1 October 2019.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is occurring with this storm.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:45 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar. Thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect the ranges north of Jandowae by 3:20 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely.
58mm has fallen in the hour to 2:40pm at Braziers Hill Alert.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.