MANY TRIBES ONE COMMUNITY
Proposed 2024 local government elections timetable
The following dates are indicative only.
The timetable will be confirmed when the Notice of Election is issued.
- Notice of election – Monday 29 January 2024
- Candidate nominations open – Monday 29 January 2024
- Close of electoral roll – Monday 5 February 2024
- Candidate nominations close – Tuesday 12pm 13 February 2024
- Ballot paper order draw – Wednesday 10am 14 February 2024
- Postal vote applications close – Monday 7pm 4 March 2024
- Early voting* – Monday 4 March to 15 March 2024
(*early voting in rural and remote locations are likely to be less than a full two-week period. Details of dates, times and locations will be available on the ECQ website during the election)
- Election day – Saturday 8am to 6pm 16 March 2024
- Close of return of postal votes – Tuesday 26 March 2024
Tig’wah, yHurri gurri
Welcome to Cherbourg
The history of Cherbourg is one of Aboriginal people being forcibly removed and brought from all over Queensland and Northern New South Wales to a newly formed government reserve.
Under the Aborigines Protection Act of 1897 the settlement then called Barambah, was gazetted and established in 1904.
In 1932, the name Barambah was then changed to Cherbourg due to a nearby property called “Barambah Station” which caused confusion in mail delivery.
PLEASE recycle the right way
The only things to go in your YELLOW LID recycling BIN are:
- Hard Plastics
- Steel or Tin cans
- Aluminium and Glass
NO Green waste, NO Nappies, NO Clothing Materials, NO soft filmy Plastics
Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council prides itself as being a forward thinking council, sensitive to the needs of our growing community.
With a vision to building capability, stability and positive outcomes into the future we are striving to build enterprise and industry that create employment and self-determination for our community. For more information on CASC operations, resources, planning and transparency in our day to day operations, please select from the links shown below.
Cherbourg Council have four defibrillators available located around community at:
Sports and Rec Centre
Operations/Works Depot and the MRF (Containers for Change Depot in Cherbourg)
plus one defibrillator at the Kingaroy Containers for Change depot