Due to an increasing number of stray dogs on community, there is greater risk to the safety of our elders and young children. We also have contractors and visitors in the community regularly who are helping us to make our community the best it can be.
As pet owners; it is your RESPONSIBILITY to care for and ensure that dogs are healthy and kept secure within your residence.
“A dog is an animal, and dogs need food, water and shelter, The dog is a living thing”
Dogs should not be sitting outside the front gate of their owner’s home or roaming up and down the streets scavenging and chasing cars and/or people.
We would like to work together with community in caring for your pets and minimising the number of dogs roaming our streets, in saying that; we advise community to:
- Have ONLY 2 dogs per household
- Register your pets with council
- Keep your dog fed
- keep your dog secure, in your yard with gates closed
- Use a leash if you are taking your dog for a wal
- Teach your dog good habits and skills
- If your dog is sick, seek advice
- If you do not want puppies, please have your dog desexed
CONTACTS / RESOURCES
- Daniel ‘Rexy’ Weazel – Animal Management Worker – 0436 687 694
- CASC Main Office – 07 4168 1866
- CASC Depot – 07 4168 1503
- Murgon Veterinary Services – 07 4168 1277
- SBVets Wondai – 07 4168 5733
Chatur Zala – Chief Executive Officer Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire CouncilLetter-to-Tennants-Dog-Control