Queensland health is monitoring the latest covid-19 situation for close transmission. Lockdown is a critical measure to prevent further transmission.
For First Nations communities:
- If you are in Brisbane, stay there until Tuesday unless you are an essential worker
- If you are in community but have been in Greater Brisbane since January 2, you should stay there if possible until Tuesday 12th January instead of returning to Brisbane
- While in community stay home, wear a mask with other family who haven’t been to Brisbane, wear masks if you are going outside for essentials
- If you have been in Brisbane and been to one of the venues listed below, please get tested.
- Otherwise if you get symptoms, get tested, but if you remain well you don’t need to have a test
- Keep updated on the current contact tracing alerts from Queensland Health here.
It is extremely important to:
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people- think two big steps
- Wash your hands lots with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue in the bin
- If you have had a COVID-19 test, stay at home and quarantine until you get your results.
Further important information links
- For information on face masks click here.
- For information on the Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown click here.
- During the lockdown make sure you look after your cultural, social and emotional wellbeing. For more information on the Strong Spirit, Safe Mob resources click here.
- For advice on care and testing call 13HEALTH and speak with a registered Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurse.
- For First Nations COVID-19 community resources click here.
|Date||Place||Suburb||Arrival time||Departure time|
|Saturday 2 January||Train from Altandi station to Roma street New||Sunnybank||7.00am||–|
|Saturday 2 January||Train from Central Station to Altandi station New||Brisbane City||4.00pm||–|
|Sunday 3 January||Woolworths Calamvale North New||Calamvale||11.00am||12.00pm|
|Tuesday 5 January||Coles Sunnybank Hills Shoppingtown New||Sunnybank Hills||7.30am||8.00am|
|Tuesday 5 January||Nextra Sunnybank Hills Newsagent New||Sunnybank Hills||8.00am||8.15am|