Queensland health is monitoring the latest covid-19 situation for close transmission. Lockdown is a critical measure to prevent further transmission.
Masks for Queensland (all of Queensland including Greater Brisbane)
- You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- You must wear a mask in indoor spaces, such as:
- shopping centres, supermarkets, retail outlets and indoor markets
- hospitals and aged care facilities
- hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafés (not required for patrons while seated; customer facing staff only)
- churches and places of worship
- indoor recreational facilities and gyms (except if doing strenuous exercise*)
- indoor workplaces (where safe to wear a mask and you can’t physically distance)
- public transport, taxis and rideshare, including waiting areas and queues for this transport
- airports and travelling on planes.
- It is strongly recommended you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people, such as busy walkways and thoroughfares.
- Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, where people have certain medical conditions, and in workplaces where it is not safe to do so.
- You can remove your masks to consume food or drink.
*Strenuous exercise is exercise in or above the aerobic zone including high-intensity interval training, cycling, running.
For First Nations communities:
- If you are in Brisbane, stay there until lockdown is lifted unless you are an essential worker
- If you are in community but have been in Greater Brisbane since in the last 7 days (Monday 22nd March) , you should stay there if possible until until Lockdown is Lifted instead of returning to Cherbourg
- While in community stay home, wear a mask with other family who haven’t been to Brisbane, wear masks if you are going outside for essentials
- If you have been in Brisbane please get tested – Otherwise if you get symptoms, get tested, but if you remain well you don’t need to have a test
- Keep updated on the current contact tracing alerts from Queensland Health here.
It is extremely important to:
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people- think two big steps
- Wash your hands lots with soap and water, or hand sanitizer
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue in the bin
- If you have had a COVID-19 test, stay at home and quarantine until you get your results.
Further important information links
- For information on face masks click here.
- For information on the Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown click here.
- During the lockdown make sure you look after your cultural, social and emotional wellbeing. For more information on the Strong Spirit, Safe Mob resources click here.
- For advice on care and testing call 13HEALTH and speak with a registered Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurse.
- For First Nations COVID-19 community resources click here.